In this week’s lesson we learned about the process of passing a bill and the details about a vote in Parliament House and Click here to see our lesson.
My group developed a bill on equal pay.
Equal pay is a wrong act…
(EQUAL PAY IS AN UNFAIR SYSTEM AND SHOULD BE CHANGED)
- Why do women get payed less? Women get payed less because men think the’re not smart enough or too emotional.
- Why is it still happening? Some men still don’t see women equal
- What jobs do men get paid a lot more than women? Acting and mostly professional jobs
- What is wrong with women for them to get paid less than men? Some men think they are the better and stronger gender and they should get payed more than women
- The bill about women getting payed more than men is a wrong act, A Bill for an act is in every single job, all genders should be payed the same amount.
- It is unfair for men as well. If they are married they have the burden to pay the bills, feed the family, pay school fees and pay for work as well! It would be too much for 1 itty-bitty man to do.
- We are all humans we are no different from another, so why are we acting live women are NOT important.
- 69% of marriages end in divorced so women need to work to get money and live.
- (Most)Men work harder than women so they should get the reward (which is more money than women)
- Woman take time off from work to have children and take care of them, so they aren’t as committed to their jobs as men, so men should be paid more.
- Male dominated work has historically been better paid and better organised than female dominated work.
If the job is the same, then both genders should get paid the same amount.
I think that men and women should get an equal pay bill passed into an act of parliament because it is hard if they are married they have to work hard to pay the bills, feed the family, pay school fees and pay for work as well! It would be too much for one family to do. Especially if a poor family, example if they only have one mum, it would be very tough for her because she gets paid less! We are all humans we are no different from another, so why are we acting live women are NOT important. It’s just wrong! So I strongly believe both genders should be paid the same amount. So don’t you agree that it definitely should become a law too?
My integrated topic we were put into groups and this a reflection on how we worked together on our projects.
What worked was that we all knew what the main thing was that we needed to do and what didn’t work well was that it could have been better organised. I think our group got a bit off topic at times, but apart from that we worked hard and we did very well with the tasks given to us.
In Australian Federal Parliament, the Searjent-at-Arms must introduce the Speaker before the debate begins. The Clerk must say the rules before the debate can begin, even when they resume the same debate. I think passing a bill will take a long time and that being in parliament must be a lot of hard work. Sometimes, if the bill is an important and personal thing the Speaker may call a “conscience vote” where instead of people voting with their parties, they vote for themselves. A question I have is why does passing a bill have a long, complicated way of doing it?