Chiara's Cool Coast

where the coast meets the sea of knowledge

BtN “Harry Potter”

| 0 comments

Red is Facts

Green is a Questions

Blue is insight

Black is Summary

This video was about the 20th anniversary for the publishing of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and how many people love the series.

The fact that the first Harry Potter book has sold more than 500 million copies worldwide isn’t really surprising for me personally considering it’s now it’s the bestselling book series of all time. I really enjoyed reading Harry Potter but I didn’t realize so many other people did too!

It has been translated into 73 different languages which seems like would be it a lot of different languages to try and translate it into. Let alone translating all 76,944 words that are in only the first book!

Finally, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s (or Sorcerer’s as it is called in America) Stone came out in 1997.  Which is 20 years ago.

Something very interesting is that the same day and month that the first Harry Potter book was published is my birthday!

Something I’m wondering is did and if so how much did the story change when it was translated into so many languages?

I also wonder how many copies Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (my favorite book!) have been made/sold since it was released?