Chiara's Cool Coast

where the coast meets the sea of knowledge

“BtN Electricty”

| 0 comments

Before you start reading this reflection I would just like to say that I accidentally did another BtN reflection this week (this one!) without realizing this was the one I had to do for homework… so here is my real homework…

Red is Facts

Green is Questions

Blue is an insight

Black is Summary

This video was about when Stephen Gray figured out about insulators and conductors of electricity.

The first fact I found is Stephen figured out that some materials let electricity pass and some didn’t. He called them ‘insulators’ and ‘conductors’. Insulators held the electricity in them and wouldn’t let it move, like the silk or hair. Whereas conductors allowed electricity to flow through them, like most metals.

Also, the Hauksbee machine is a machine used for generating static electricity, the kind that puffs up your hair when you rub a balloon on it.

As well as Stephen Gray presented the difference between insulators and conductors nearly 300 years ago!

Something I’m wondering is hat would the world be like with out electricity? 

An insight I had is that electricity has been around for a while.

Finally, I’m also wondering did it hurt the orphan boy he demonstrated on when he demonstrated insulators and conductors?